Academic sessions combine individual coaching with a focus on personalised study skills. Students are led purposefully through the learning and study process in order to improve learning skills, such as goal setting, organisation, note taking, reading, exam preparation, general self-care, and stress management.
After five sessions, students will have:
- better study approaches for each subject
- a personalised learning plan
- effective stress management
- refined exam-taking techniques
- an understanding of their own learning style
- vision and motivation
- organisation tactics for accomplishing specific goals
Individual sessions, lasting 1.5 hours, are crafted according to the needs of each student. Depending on the predetermined focus of the session, greater clarity and confidence will be instilled when it comes to the students' academic trajectory, career choices, and more.
Any of the following may be covered in a session:
- study & exam techniques
- subject choice
- psychometric testing (career, aptitude, and personality)
- college and career planning
- CAO & UCAS applications and statement writing
- applications to PLCs and private colleges
- DARE & HEAR applications
- CV & job applications
- transition planning
Students will gain clarity on their future study and career objectives as a result of following the four steps of this guidance package. The package involves three hours of contact time over two sessions, a pre-meeting psychometric assessment, reflection exercises for the student and in-depth research to be completed by the student and Guidance Counsellor.
Academic Coaching takes place at the location of your choice.