PREPARING FOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
Moving on from primary school is an exciting time in a pupil's life. Having climbed to the top of the primary school ladder the focus now shifts to preparing well for the diverse changes that post-primary school will bring.
This session helps pupils and parents to devise a tailor-made Transition Plan for moving into secondary school.
This session helps pupils to:
- prepare to leave primary school
- set appropriate expectations for first year
- get organised and ready to move between classrooms
- socialise with a new group
- take more responsibility for their learning
Primary school pupils will be introduced to creative and effective approaches to study and learning. The sessions will help them get organised, understand their learning style, make a plan, take notes and revise well.
These sessions combine individual coaching with personalised study skills sessions, helping pupils with their:
- planning and organisation
- learning style
- understanding of how their brain works
- mind mapping and note taking
- preparation for tests
Primary school pupils will be introduced to creative and effective approaches to study and learning. This single session will help them to get more organised, take great notes and revise well.
This study skills session helps pupils to:
- plan a study timetable prepare for tests
- take great notes learn to mind map